UROS AND TAQUILE TOUR
On our Uros And Taquile Tour, you will be able to intro Titicaca Lake by boat, and witness the traditions of the People of Floating Islands of the Uros, with their houses made of totora plants. We will visit the Island of Taquile, where we will witness Andean traditions still conserved by the local people of the Titicaca Lake.
- • 6:30-6:45 a.m. We will pick you up from your hotel in Puno and board the bus.
- • 7:00-7:30 We will travel by boat to the Island of the Uros.
- • 8:45-10:40 We will travel by motorized boat to the Island of Taquile.
- • 11:40-12:40 We will have a guided tour of the Island of Taquile.
- • 12:45-2:15 We will have lunch at the home of a local family.
- • 2:30-5:00 We will return to Puno by motorized boat.
- • 5:00-5:10 Transfer to your hotel in Puno.
GROUP SIZE2 - 12
UROS - TAQUILE
We will pick you up from your hotel in Puno at 7 a.m. and head to the port at Lake Titicaca. We will take a motorized boat to our first stop on the floating Islands of Uros. Here you will be able to see small communities and families that live on islands made of totura reeds. We will be able to see all of the things that the local people make from the reed, including houses, artwork, and boats. Our guide will tell you about the lifestyle of the local people.
Tour of Taquile Island. We will then head to the Island of Taquile, and when we arrive we will walk along a wide trail with impressive veiws of the lake. We will visit some places where local artwork is made, and at lunch time we will go to the home of a local family and enjoy some of the local food. The boat will then take us to the Port of Puno and we will arrive at about 5 p.m. The tour ends with transfer to your hotel.